Friday 15 January 2010

Sound & Vision Compression

For today activity we looked at Compression and how it can effect video.

Key Points from the session I learned

  • DVD - Digital Versatile Disk, There are different regions I.e Region 2 is Europe
  • DVD can be copyrighted by CSS or Miacvision
  • UK is PAL (25 FPS) and NTSC (29.5 FSP) is USA
  • Video can look different from a Mac to a PC due to different Gamma MAC is 1.8 Gamma and PC is 2.0-2.50
  • Codex from the words Compression and Decompression






Above is my music edit which I from changing the compression looks alot better. I did this by exporting the video from Final Cut as a Quick Time Video and importing it in a program called JES Deinterlacer

as you can see the image on the right is better quality as the image om the right is deinterlaced which mean it does not have lines within the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment