Tuesday 12 January 2010

Storyboarding Exersise


The workshop today is how to use storyboards and how they are so important when making a short films. I had been given a shot list to create a storyboard. The program I used to make my storyboard is called Celtx, this application enables me to sketch out a over the top view of the shot.

















Screen shot of Celtx, above is the view we have when planing storyboards.




Shot list for ‘The Wrong day’


LOCATION: Newton Park Campus, Newton St. Loe, Bath BA2 9BN.

Set up 1 The Gatehouse, outside GH201

SLUG LINE: Scene 1 - INT. Inside The Gatehouse - Day

WA John waiting in corridor

CU looks at clock

CU Clock face 10.00

CU hand on bag zoom out to LS as lifts onto shoulder moves to door

CU hand on door handle

MS John opens door and enters room leaving shot

SLUG LINE: Scene 2 - INT. Classroom - Day

Set up 2 Inside NEG08.

LS John enters the room and sits down facing Plasma

MS John looks around the room

POV empty chairs left

POV empty chairs right

MS John reaches into pocket

CU hand enters pocket and pulls out mobile phone

CU John looking at phone

POV BCU front of phone

CU John looking down (Phone POV) Reaction.

MS John relaxes in chair


I am very familiar with the different types of camera angles from studying Media at -level so I found the task easy to complete. I did have a little problem as the program Celtx crashed, this was because I had each shot open and it stressed the program so to over come this I saved each shot and closed it so that it would run smoothly.





The next session we were asked to make are own storyboard of a basic task, for this I picked making a cup of tea.Below are the photos I took





The camera angles I picked made the story telling within the storyboard well as it captured all the activity's within making a cup of tea. An example of this is I used a close up shot when pushing the switch on the kettle so that the audience could see the kettle being turned on. The only problem with my storyboard was that I took the photographs in Portraiture, which is bad as when filming we film in 16.9 or in
Portraiture.

No comments:

Post a Comment