Wednesday 12 May 2010

Indvidual Project Finshed - Interview With Cornish Ska Band Rudis Message

Below is my final piece of my individual project, - Interview with Cornish Ska band, Rudi’s Message.

Interview with Rudi's Message from Michael Kelly on Vimeo.


I really enjoyed making this product, the post-production stage took a long time. This was because I had to create a narritve with the interview so the piece will flow. Below is how I structured it.

Opening - Start of the Gig

- The band Influences
- How the band started
- Getting gigs
- How the band feel about playing
- Enjoyment of playing a live gig
- Social LIfe Full time jobs
- Feedback about the band
- Plans for the Furture
- End quote to sum up the band, "we a local band doing a local thing"

End of Gig - Last cymbal beat (fade to credits)

This is the feedback the band gave me about my piece when they watched it.

Just watched the interview. Excellent mate, really well done, thank you very much. Thanks Simon

Brilliant.Sorry I missed out guys - gutted now, having seen the results.Special thanks to Michael also - fantastic work.Keep on skankin'.Duncan.

Hi MichaelI have just had a look at the video interview and I got to say that I think it's Brilliant mate... well done. I really hope we can work with you and the guys in the future, you really caught the essence of what we're about. Big respect mate and thanks to you and the crew.Monkeyman

Overall I think the peice of work well to show what the band is about, but if I was to do this agian I would. Use a Boom Mic or a Hand held mic so I could get a better sound of the band as you can in my video you cant hear what the band is saying which is a band thing as the interview is the spine of the work. Also I would of filmed the band in a different location as the night clubs light made the intview look quite dark, I could of used lights to brighten up the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment