Friday 6 November 2009

Urban Abstract Photomontage

For my Photomontage I decided to focus on Urban Abstract photography. Most of my images I used in my Photomontage I took in the city of Bristol. I picked Bristol as its a very urban and with a lots of shopping centres around so I could find lots of different shapes and building to create very abstract images.

Below is one of images that am very pleased how it came out.

Roof2

I took this photograph in the shopping center in Bristol called, Cabot Circus. I think the image works really well as an abstract image as it does not look like a roof of a shopping center as the shapes and crosses make it a new type of image.

My soundtrack for my montage was a song by Pendulum called The Other Side. Its a Drum and Base track which I knew it would go well with my abstract images as its a very alternative. To add an effect to the montage I made the transition to each track on a beat.



Below is my final piece

Urban Abstract Photomontage from Michael Kelly on Vimeo.




1 comment:

  1. This reminded me that there is a kind of beauty in the most unlikely and less obvious of locations.
    I liked the choice of photographs and the various angles used to take them.
    I also liked the way in wich the images complimented each other and the way the tranitions were timed on the beat.
    The montage could be improoved I think by having all the images the same size within the frame as it seemed a little choppy as the photographs changed from one size to another.

    ReplyDelete