Thursday 14 April 2011

Blog 4 - The Day

Today is the day of the media event. As mentioned before one my responsibility's for the day is to make sure the green screen lighting is set up ready for the activity. So we all arrived at 8.00am ready to set up the green screen room.

Firsty I helped set up the lighting, as from doing this a week before we all knew how the lighting needed to be. We were happy with the lighting and it was all set up ready to go.

Next I picked up a camera and headed to the Main House were the students would be meet ed and greeted. When at the main house I checked with the crew and makes sure that the introduction video was ok, I also had the intro on a DVD for a back up if we needed it.

9.40 the students arrive, I start to film the introduction and icebreaker games. From watching the introduction I was believed to think that they liked the video. Later I was talking to a student and was talking about someone in the crew and I said "you know the guys kicking the Football" and they knew who I ment when I said that, so I think the video helped introduce us to them.

After the introdcution I went to the green screen room, to give the camrea to the other camrea person (Mandy). During the activty there were problems with the green screen program so I stayed and helped with that.

Next I took the camrea and filmed the Shoot Out. From watching the activty, it was really good to see the students getting involed and enjoying it. I personlly think this was the best activty of the day.

When the big shoot out finshed I gave the camrea back to Mandy who went to film the Big Draw. So I headed up to the editting room, for the remainer of the day my job with the other Editor (Harry) was to edit the big Shoot Out activaty and the Big Draw stop motion all ready to be shown at 01.45pm so we had around 1 hour and half.

The big draw footage was already editted by Harry which saved us alot of time. So we had to edit 3 video (each group for the Big shoot out) we did this by capturing on two computers so that we could both edit and the same time. It worked really well, I think me and harry work well togeher and helped each other out when needed.

We did get the video ready in time so the student got to see what they filmed on the day which was really good.









No comments:

Post a Comment